Wednesday 23 February 2011

Fairlie House

It was a full house for last night's(22 February) talk by Sandra Liquorish on her home, Fairlie House, between Dundonald and Gatehead.  Although its official title is Fairlie House her residence is better known to many local people as "Fairlie fivelums" because of its distinguishing five chimneys.  Sandra talked, with some humour, not just about the house but about the people involved in designing, building and maintaining it.  A thoroughly informative and enjoyable evening.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting talk. Would love a KDHG guided tour (hint hint)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that I missed the talk in as I'd be really keen to learn more about the history of this house. I just found out recently that my granmother & great aunt both worked here as maids, probably sometime around 1920's. I wonder if there are any old photos from then?

    ReplyDelete